Ambulatory Registered Nurse Supervisor
Adult Psych Clinic
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care and resources for our valued patients and employees. Ranked as the #1 hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth for the fifth consecutive year, we invite you to continue your healthcare career with us at UT Southwestern. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for learning and advancement into leadership roles.
Join UT Southwestern as an Ambulatory Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor within our Adult Psych Clinic and help with our commitment to deliver compassionate care and all around excellence. As a RN, you will support the Adult Psych Clinic by providing excellent patient education for the patient and their families, triaging, and supporting the clinic.
At UT Southwestern, the possibilities to advance your career are limitless. We would love the opportunity to have you join the UT Southwestern Adult Psych Clinic!
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
Experience and Education
Licensure as Register Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas, three (3) years general nursing experience, CPR certification is required and one (1) year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Oversees and/or teaches others specialized knowledge and skills necessary to perform techniques and routines in area of specialty.
- Acts as a preceptor and resource for the department processes.
- Provides operational management of daily patient care services to assure high levels of patient satisfaction with a focus on PACT.
- Assists in the management of financial, capital, and human resources.
- Assesses, monitors, and evaluates systems for delivery of care.
- Leads/participates in departmental performance improvement activities and integration of services.
- Assists in development of patient care standards of practice and personnel performance.
- Ensures services meet established nursing standards of care and quality standards.
- Designs, executes, and delivers effective system of internal controls applicable and in compliance to laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Facilitates teamwork and staff development and staff satisfaction through planned group processes.
- Supervises nursing staff and/or other non-licensed medical or office support personnel. Responsible for recommending hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions in coordination with the Clinic Manager.
- Ensures that new employees are oriented and trained appropriately.
- Actively works with Ambulatory leadership as the liaison for implementation and monitoring of established documentation standards in the medical record.
May provide direct patient care.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/about-virus-and-testing/cms-vaccine-requirements.html
For general COVID-19 information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/