Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care, resources, and benefits for our valued patients and employees. With over 20,000 employees, we are committed to continuing our growth with the best professionals in the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
UT Southwestern has an opening for the position of Marketing Specialist, Office of Marketing
The Office of Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs (CMPA) promotes UT Southwestern Medical Center’s brand by combining the institution’s communications, marketing, and public affairs efforts to advance UT Southwestern’s reputation as one of the country's leading academic medical centers, patient-care providers, and research institutions
- Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience required.
- Education or experience in program management, marketing, communications, website design, or related fields preferred.
- Experience in a health care environment and community outreach a plus. Hands-on, proven experience working with web technologies such as blogging, podcasting, RSS, online communities, social networking, and content/contact management a plus.
- Plans, develops, and manages both brand marketing, outreach, and direct response marketing strategies and tactics that exchange the department’s footprint in the regional market and beyond to achieve established goals.
- Directs the development of programmatic promotional materials as needed by clinical services.
- Works closely with UT Southwestern Creative and Web Services, to ensure consistent brand articulation across all channels and media. Develops, implements, and monitors systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Assumes primary responsibilities for the development and support of digital and social media marketing strategies that support volume growth, in conjunction with the web team and the marketing team’s editorial staff.
- Manages the work of outside vendors as appropriate and interfaces with agency resources as necessary to execute marketing and communications strategies.
- Maintains awareness of the local and regional competitive landscape and of key national market segments and trends. Proactively leverages Medical Center research and other existing sources of information to generate innovative marketing initiatives.
- Finds and develops stories of specific topics and contributes to website content, news releases, and articles for publications.
- Maintains close working relationships with writers who cover medicine and science to ensure frequent coverage of UT Southwestern’s research and clinical care activities.
- Contributes to magazine stories for annual magazine/annual report or other magazines as assigned, submitting stories for magazine with art/photo possibilities. Also gathers and writes monthly new strips from assigned areas.
- Arranges for and oversees taking of all still and video to supplement marketing and communication publications.
- Acts as a guide for reporters and photographers.
- Contributes to various projects, programs, and events to achieve patient/public education and outreach goals.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/about-virus-and-testing/cms-vaccine-requirements.html
For general COVID-19 information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/