Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. At UT Southwestern, we invest in you with opportunities for career growth and development that align with your future goals and help to provide security for you and your family. Our highly competitive benefits package offers healthcare, PTO and paid holidays, on-site childcare, wage, merit increases and so much more that are all available on the day you start work. UT Southwestern is honored to be a Veteran Friendly work environment that is home to approximately 800 veterans. We value your integrity, dedication, and the commitment you’ve made to our country. We’re proud to support your next mission. Ranked by Forbes as one of the Top 10 National Employers, we invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
The Texas Perinatal Psychiatric Network (PeriPAN) is a pilot program funded via the Texas Child Mental Health Care Consortium (TCMHCC) intended to improve perinatal mental health services. This position would serve as the entry point for the program and have a part in facilitating all components of the PeriPAN program including:
- Providing phone-based consultation offering guidance and case management to providers
- Assisting providers with resource navigation and referral services
- Providing training and education to providers on reproductive mental health services
The preferred candidate would possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Experience in Women’s Mental Health and Perinatal Mental Health.
- Knowledge of community Women’s Mental Health and Perinatal Mental Health resources
- Proficiency with business technology tools
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal, writing, research, and client interaction skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment and work under tight deadlines
Experience and Education
- Master's degree in Social Work Three (3) years experience in medical and/or psychiatric social case work to include one (1) year as Social Worker II.
- LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker) required; LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) may be required in some departments.
- Leads and integrates social work functions and patient-desired outcomes into patient care and discharge planning process with external case managers, community agencies, and/or health care facilities.
- Identifies, develops and implements programs and services necessary to psychological and social needs of patients and their families (i.e. support groups, educational materials, and interdisciplinary inservices).
- Assesses social service needs, provides counseling, and coordinates effective individual social work treatment plans to patients and/or families with multiple and/or complex needs based on assessed social, emotional, and financial needs of patients and families.
- Plans requirements for ongoing development of new or enhanced outreach services by working in collaboration with physicians, health care providers, and community outreach professionals in assessing available resources.
- Educates families and patients regarding community resources and pertinent health care issues to ensure appropriate use of personal and medical resources. Provides discharge planning referrals and supports continuity of care for patients.
- Maintains open communications with community resources and agencies to appropriately assist in meeting patient needs.
- Maintains knowledge of payor benefits, hospital and community resources, family functionings, and regulatory standards to ensure informed decision making, continuity of care, and desired outcome (i.e. medical, medical cost, quality of life, and patient satisfaction).
- Maintains chronological notes, clinical charts, statistical data, or case histories for each patient with respect to social problems, adjustments for patient and family, and actions taken or planned.
- May participate in clinical and laboratory research in such areas as animal research, child development, physiological and behavioral functioning, etc.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records. Performs other duties as assigned.
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption for certain medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion