UT Southwestern is looking to hire a Technical Support Specialist I in their IR Client Services department. Supports the desktop support needs of CUH/Zale/Cancer Center. Works with clinicians to ensure end user computing is operating efficiently. Responds to outages, assists with equipment lifecycle management.
Experience and Education
High School and 2 years related experience required. Additional coursework in a related field, such as computer science, management information systems, etc. may be considered on a year for year basis in lieu of stated minimum experience. Associates or bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
If area of employment requires use of a university-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Driver’s License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
- Supports the full end user computing experience to include computer hardware/software, printers, copiers, scanners, audio visual, mobile devices, etc.
- Diagnose and repair routine end user problems to remediation independently or by escalating to senior technical staff or other teams.
- Performs preventative maintenance of end user devices and associated peripherals.
- Lifecycle management of end user devices to include deployment and decommissioning of assets.
- After hours staff will work the Service Desk role as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.