Senior Administrative Assistant II, Department of Internal Medicine – Nephrology
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care, resources, and benefits for our valued patients and employees. With over 20,000 employees, we are committed to continuing our growth with the best professionals in the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth. Join UT Southwestern to help with our mission to educate, discover and heal through our life-changing research!
The Department of Internal Medicine is looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant II to join the Division of Nephrology. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the Clinical Division Chief. Additionally, you will provide administrative support for grant projects, prepare and maintain onboarding schedules for all new faculty, and provide backup assistance as needed.
- May perform some or all of the following: Provides moderately complex administrative skills for a department.
- Prepares, maintains and posts records, reports and budget information.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of charts, graphs, and administrative, fiscal, personnel, and/or statistical reports.
- Selects office vendors and monitors purchasing processes.
- May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Composes and processes repetitive and non-repetitive documents in accordance to established procedures.
- Organizes office procedures to ensure effective operation. Acts as department liaison with other departments and agencies.
- Processes all personnel and purchasing transactions following institutional policies and procedures.
- Determines work priorities and monitors progress toward work deadlines.
- Ensures document retention processes are followed using established guidelines.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- High school graduate and four (4) years related work experience are required.
- May consider higher education completed in lieu of minimum requirements.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
For general COVID-19 information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.