Operating Room RN Weekends 10K Bonus
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 06:15-18:45
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care and resources for our valued patients and employees. Ranked as the #1 hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth for the fifth consecutive year, we invite you to continue your healthcare career with us at UT Southwestern. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for learning and advancement into leadership roles.
William P. Clements University Hospital’s Surgical Services Division is a fast paced and ever-evolving department with 48 operating rooms, 6 endoscopy labs, 11 cardiac catheterization/interventional radiology suites and 12 surgical subspecialties. The Operating Room Registered Nurse is part of our highly skilled team that is a leader in healthcare and technology. This team performs innovative procedures using a variety of approaches including endovascular and robotics.
Minimum Experience and Education
- One (1) year Operating Room RN experience is required.
- Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC)
- Assesses and documents physiological, psychological sociocultural, and spiritual health status of patient on admission utilizing age- age specific concerns for children, adolescents, adults, and older adults.
- Performs ongoing assessment of patient's physiological health status during intraoperative phase. Communicates relevant health status data to other team members and departments. departments. Interprets health status data to anticipate patient's family, and physician's needs and expectations. Develops appropriate plan of care for patient. Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing intraoperative nursing care.
- Identifies and implements appropriate intraoperative nursing interventions based on health status data. Completes accurate and timely documentation of these interventions. Confers with all members of health care team in collaborative fashion, sharing information and observations of patient and/or patient's family in manner that contributes to optimal patient care.
- Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to evaluation. Documents interventions and modifications to plan of care in accurate and timely manner. Prioritizes intraoperative nursing interventions per patient's health status data, physician, and planned procedures as applicable.
- Adheres to appropriate hospital policies, procedures, and standards of nursing practice while delivering intraoperative nursing care.
- Provides appropriate and timely patient education to patient and/or patient's family. Completes accurate and timely documentation of education provided. Demonstrates effective communication with children, adolescents, adults, and older adults. Supervises, directs, and coordinates patient care assignments of other members of healthcare team. Delegates duties within legal parameters.
- Prepares for procedures as appropriate by obtaining supplies and equipment in timely manner.
- Serves as technical subject matter person, resource person, and/or preceptor to nursing staff. Completes written clinical performance evaluation form in timely manner.
- Handles and operates instruments, supplies, and equipment and performs safe nursing care in manner that is cost effective without compromising quality of care.
- Solves minor problem issues of counts and errors, patient care, relationships, equipment, supplies, and environment prior to management intervention. Provides and supports efforts to develop and maintain team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption for certain medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion