Provide nursing support to busy outpatient imaging clinic. Daily activates include medication administration, patient prep and recovery for imaging procedures, and patient assessments.
This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position. UTSW is proud to offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Paid (zero premium) medical coverage for employees starting first day
- State of Texas defined-benefit pension plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (vacation & sick leave plus paid holidays)
*New UTSW employees will be paid a $10,000 sign-on (retention) bonus: $5,000 paid after completing 1st 6 months and the other $5,000 paid after completing 1st year of UTSW employment as a full-time RN II.
- One (1) year experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- BLS& ACLS required (AHA or ARC)
- Excellent IV skills required.
- Experience with moderate sedation administration and monitoring needed
- Current RN license through TX BON
- BSN preferred
1. Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age specific criteria (cD52:I60hildren, adolescents, adults and older adults).
2. Actively anticipates patient’s and/or patient’s family needs and expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient. Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing nursing care. Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
3. Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based on the completed assessment. Completes accurate and timely documentation of these interventions. Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care. Confers with all members of the health care team in a collaborative fashion. Shares information and observations of the patient and/or patient’s family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient care.
4. Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon completed assessment. Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc. Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate. Actively involves patient in plan of care and keeps patient, family and/or caregiver informed.
5. Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to the evaluation. Documents interventions and modifications to the plan of care in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted standards of nursing practice. Incorporates ANA standards, into the provision of safe, quality patient care, utilizing current literature, and research. Practices in accordance with our Professional Practice Model – “Relationship Based Care” and delivers care using our Care Delivery System “PACE” – Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated and Continuous and Evidence Based.
7. Provides appropriate and timely answers and/or education to patients, patient’s families, significant others and/or caregivers. Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education provided including discharge plan of care. Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family, significant others and/or caregivers. Demonstrates effective communication based on individual patient needs and learning preferences.
8. Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or caregiver to the unit. Encourages patient/family participation in care. Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family every shift. Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with patient input. Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in easily understood and appropriate language. Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when they will return.
9. Advocate for resources and support that enhance patient safety and unit/hospital based initiatives. Participates in evaluating data to guide decisions regarding unit / department budget formulation and implementation
10. Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding performance. Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior and compliance with policies and standards. Actively intervenes when patient safety is at risk.
11. Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/safety initiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core measures, infection control). Participates in multidisciplinary quality and practice improvement teams
12. Shares professional and technical information with colleagues and students. Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex: preceptor, charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed). Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach.
13. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
***Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/