Cardiac Cath IR Lab Technician, 10K Bonus
Join UT Southwestern as a Technologist in our Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Radiology (IR) lab. As a valued member of our team, you will help us to provide quality care through the use of imaging equipment so that we can view arteries, veins, and chambers of the heart. This job opportunity allows you to work with a diverse patient population and collaborate with other departments and leaders at UT Southwestern.
At UT Southwestern, the possibilities to explore your interests and advance your radiology career are limitless. We would love the opportunity to have you join our team!
Experience and Education
Graduate of an accredited Invasive Cardiovascular Technology or Radiology program. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. One year experience in a Cardiac Cath/Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology department. Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) by first day of employment is required
- Set up for procedures adhering to sterile technique. Prepare patients by attaching hemodynamic monitoring equipment. Observe and evaluate patient symptoms and responses. Practice patient safety goals.
- Know and demonstrate effective aseptic technique throughout the performance of procedures.
- Operate table and position patient for optimal fluoroscopic visualization. Set parameters for radiation dose and digital acquisition of images. Provide radiation protection to patient, staff and self by adhering to prescribed practices and safety standards.
- Utilize technical knowledge and skills to perform procedure accurately and in a safe manner in accordance with age specific criteria. Assist the physician during the procedure with insertion of catheters, guidewires and other procedural supplies.
- Record hemodynamic data, patient symptoms and responses. Recognize and communicate any changes in EKG, blood pressure, oxygen saturation or any other parameters to the physician and team.
- Accurately scan supplies and complete charges after each procedure.
- Transport patients in a safe manner to/from the CVIR department.
- Maintain and report par levels for all products. Restock rooms and remove outdated products.
- Troubleshoot minor problems with equipment. Notify supervisor/Biomed as appropriate. Follow archiving quality control measures to ensure the storing of images to the PACS.
- Assume accountability for all actions in the workplace. Report errors promptly and take appropriate follow-up action to rectify the error.
- Respond to patient’s and/or patient’s family’s complaints in an appropriate and effective manner. Report complaints to the Manager in a timely manner. Utilize the chain of command appropriately to resolve patient, operational, or personal work-related problems.
- Function in the department as part of an interdisciplinary team and collaborates in the care and service delivery process of patient care through communication with team members and other service lines.
- Participate in performance improvement activities as directed. Attend at least 80% of scheduled staff meetings and 100% of mandatory educational sessions.
Why UT Southwestern?
Join UT Southwestern on our mission to educate, discover and heal. With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care and resources for the DFW community. Ranked as the #1 hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth for the fifth consecutive year, we invite you to continue your healthcare career with us at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital. You’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for learning and advancement into leadership roles.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.