$10k Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time
Shift: Thursday & Friday 8am-4:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am-830pm
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care, resources, and benefits for our valued employees. The Department of Radiology is dedicated to the university’s mission of providing the very best medical education, patient care and scientific research. We offer an unparalleled level of clinical prowess that covers every known disease and injury and spans over 13 divisions. We are made up of a prestigious Imaging Services team that is focused on delivering imaging excellence, cutting-edge research, and education and we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team.
Experience and Education
Two (2) years’ experience in ultrasound preferred. Associate’s degree in Ultrasound Technology or Graduate of Accredited Sonography Program. Bachelor’s degree preferred. American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT), and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) by first day of employment is required. In the event that a sonographer is hired without RVT certification, they must obtain RVT certification within 6 months of hire date or can be terminated from their position.
· Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition and ensures that it is properly supplied for procedures. Demonstrates conscious effort to be good stewards of hospital resources to ensure facility financial goals are met. Checks equipment and accessories to ensure proper working order and notifies appropriate personnel for repairs. Responds to inquiries/calls regarding procedures in a timely manner. Communicates problems on shift with equipment or pending exams with appropriate staff. Engages in equitable distribution of departmental workloads. Participates in a learning experience with new employees and students. Performs quality control on assigned equipment and reports issues timely. Attends departmental and facility meetings/classes. Completes required courses/modules on time. Performs pertinent duties in the best interest of patients, personnel and the facility as assigned. Adheres to departmental time, attendance and tardiness guidelines. Wears employee ID and follows dress code policy. As appropriate, may assume supervisory responsibilities in the absence of the designated supervisor. Participates in all regulatory compliance activities.
· Patient Interaction: Verifies the patient’s identification using two patient identifier as outlined in the hospital policies. Communicates with patients clearly and in a professional manner. Ensures proper patient preparation, verifies screening protocols, and answers questions. Evaluates patient’s history and symptoms for the procedures clinical criteria. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patients family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and assesses the patients ability to tolerate exam. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills to provide appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
· Exam Performance: Performs color duplex imaging procedures to include carotid, extremity venous and arterial studies, abdominal Doppler, small parts, OB/GYN, general abdominal/body or other tests as assigned. Performs non-invasive imaging evaluation of arteries and veins by Doppler and plethysmographic techniques. Verifies the requisition/chart for valid written order, priority date, ordering comments, physician’s notes, precautions and patient consent forms. Performs high quality US examinations according to exam protocol in a timely manner. Assists the physician as needed in performing additional imaging or biopsy procedures. Ensures that images and records are properly completed with patient identification data and appropriate labeling. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria. Completes exam charges and image documentation and forwards to radiologist in a timely manner. Administers contrast material as appropriate, observes patients for adverse reactions.
· Job Performance May Include: Monitors and trains students in all areas of current competencies. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff. Participates in the modality specific QA/QC program and ensures compliance with regulations. Participates in various accreditation processes as directed.
· Organizes and participates in conferences, seminars, and technical meetings.
· Arranges for maintenance and repair of equipment following maintenance contract to eliminate or decrease down time of equipment.
· Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Work requires ability to exercise modality expertise in applications, procedures, protocols, and training.
· Work requires ability to recognize artifacts/unusual or special problems unrelated to normal scanning routines.
· Work requires ability to respond to and interact with all stakeholders with the PACT standards.
· Work requires ability to devise creative alternatives and suggestions to workflow constraints.
· Work requires a change agent attitude that includes flexibility and adaptability to perform in a high volume facility.
· Work requires ability to build high functioning teams that work in tandem within interdepartmental modalities.
Work is performed primarily in a hospital or hospital clinic environment.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/