Population Science Data Analyst I, Department of Internal Medicine – Division of General Internal Medicine
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As one of the world’s foremost research institutions, UT Southwestern Medical Center is known for our life-changing research that has led us to 6 Nobel Prizes. With a career in our esteemed Internal Medicine Department, you will be a key part of our multidisciplinary research facility with opportunities to work with leaders in patient care and medical research. The Department of Internal Medicine Team at UT Southwestern is dedicated to providing exceptional patient-centered care. We seek to advance Internal Medicine through interprofessional education, leadership, and scientific discovery. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and a rewarding career!
Do you enjoy working with data to translate information into insight and using research to solve pressing issues in US health care? UTSW is seeking an individual with these interests – along with exceptional data management, analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills – to join the Division of General Internal Medicine as a Population Science Data Analyst I. The individual in this position will join a dynamic growing research unit and support data management and analysis efforts in health policy, population health, and health services research studies. This important role is well-suited for motivated self-starters interested in working with national experts and building expertise in health care data.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in related field in behavioral, social science or clinical applied research and one (1) year experience directly related to type of database building, maintenance including experience working with and maintaining large complex database.
- Data analysis experience, preferably in behavioral, social science or clinical applied research.
- Prefer bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
- Extract and transform raw data from multiple projects into usable forms that can be subsequently loaded in the database.
- Assist in the writing of basic code for database access, modification and construction.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Provide data analysis and management support to Population Science Project.
- Coordinators and Data Analyst.
- Prepare and maintain form and procedure manuals to effect implementation and continuing operation of computer application systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
For general COVID-19 information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion.