Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care, resources, and benefits for our valued patients and employees. With over 20,000 employees, we are committed to continuing our growth with the best professionals in the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth
We are seeking a talented coordinator to join our pediatric fellowship team. Ideal candidates will be resourceful, detail-oriented, extremely organized, skilled at task prioritization and time management, demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, dependable, and a critical thinker with a proactive approach toward problem solving. To be successful in this role, this individual must operate with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, with a customer service focus, and ensure compliance with all medical school policies and procedures. This candidate will have oversight and direction from the Program Director, the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Program Coordinator I is a member of the leadership team of the program, is responsible for the coordination and administration of the accredited/non-accredited residency/fellowship training program, and is critical to the success of the program.
Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree preferred;
- Associates Degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or related field required (four years of administrative experience or 60 semester hours of college credit may substitute for an Associates Degree);
- Three (3) years related experience required (Bachelors degree may substitute for required experience);
- May be required to submit to a federal background investigation.
- Serves as the lead administrative person for the GME residency/fellowship program.
- Manages the daily operations and activities of the GME residency/fellowship program(s).
- Functions as an important liaison with learners, faculty and other staff members, and the ACGME.
- Assists the GME Program Director and/or other levels of GME Program Coordinators or Administrators in the design, implementation and management of the administrative/academic operations of the program.
- Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program’s curriculum and adhere to ACGME requirements.
- Provides guidance to residents/fellows on program and GME policies, and non-clinical aspects of the program.
- Designs, delivers, and reports timely completion of resident/fellow, faculty, and program evaluations through the Residency Management System (RMS) Coordinates accreditation activities including ACGME Site Visits, Self Studies, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc.
- Assists the Program Director by monitoring and reporting Resident Wellness outcomes to ensure compliance.
- Develop understanding of ACGME policies and procedures, including familiarity with the Common Program Requirements as well as Specialty-Specific requirements.
- Ensures GME and departmental and program policies and procedures are communicated/available to the GME Program Director, faculty, residents/fellows, and staff.
- Coordinates the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process.
- Assists the PD and faculty in planning program quality improvement projects.
- Prepare Program Letters of Agreement (in coordination with the GME Office) with participating institutions and training sites.
- Ensure agreements are revised as needed.
- Tracks, documents, and reports on educational activities for residents, for the purpose of meeting board certification requirements, meeting program accreditation requirements, and complying with the policies and procedures of the Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME).
- Utilizes systems and reporting to inform the GME Program Director of program compliance with organizations such as ACGME, AMA, NRMP, and any other program-level related organizations.
- Utilizes the RMS to record, maintain and report on all aspects of the resident’s/fellow’s training experience(s), including demographics, scholarly activity (including faculty), procedure certification, performance/semi/summative evaluations, block/shift/clinic schedule, and duty hours.
- Maintains working relationships with the Office of GME to remain compliant with all necessary requirements for all residents/fellows, visiting residents, and faculty.
- Coordinates, organizes, and schedules GME program events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, retreats, conferences and various meetings.
- Prepares and distributes materials for conferences and lectures.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred candidates will be proficient in using Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and MedHub or other RMS, in addition to familiarity with ACGME, TMB, and NRMP policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work requires skills in leadership and personnel management.
- Work requires good organizational skills.
- Work requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Work requires experience with Microsoft Office.
- Work requires setting priorities and organizing work to meet strict deadlines.
- Work requires making decisions independently on a variety of complex matters and escalating issues when needed.
- Work requires establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Work requires familiarity with ACGME, TMB, and NRMP policies and procedures.
- Work requires understanding of hospital regulatory environment.
- Work requires independent work, initiative and skills to adapt quickly to changes in work requirements and assignments.
- Work requires diplomacy, compassion, sensitivity, and a commitment to carry out professional activities.
- Work requires handling sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Work is performed primarily in general office area.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.
To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion