Account Adjuster - MSRDP Revenue Account Administration
Job Number: 1900001R
Location: 8200 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX
Department: 700625 - MSRDP Rev Acct Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
High school diploma and three (3) years' experience performing follow-up/collections, payment posting, appeals and managed care contract. Understanding/interpretation is required.
At least six months related work experience in a data entry, healthcare and/or insurance environment is preferred.
- Reviews patient accounts for incorrect posting which may include: contacting insurance companies, patients and researching insurance payments to identify and correct posting errors; reviewing credit reports and age reports to identify posting problems and completing charge reversals.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and resolve PB (Professional Billing) credits on patient accounts created from incorrect postings, contractual adjustments, and over payments.
- Review and identify refunds to patients and insurance carriers.
- Dispute refund requests to insurance carriers and patients via phone call and/or written correspondence.
- Investigate and perform other adjustments and/or corrections to patient accounts in order to resolve outstanding credits. This will assist the
- University with decreasing outstanding credit balances and providing quality and timely customer service.
- Issues refunds to patients and third party carriers for overpayment of duplicate payment.
- Identifies and resolves credits posted to patient accounts and corrects overpayment.
- Batches all paperwork and balances all batches.
- Transfers payments between invoices and/or accounts.
- Performs other adjustments or corrections to patient accounts as required.
Posts payments to patient accounts.
- Communicate and dispute refund requests to payers and third party carriers, via phone call and written correspondence.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.