Accountant II - Family & Community Medicine
Job Number: 19000012
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 237100 - Family & Community Medicine
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Verifies postings in ledgers and journals for accuracy and compliance with prescribed accounting procedures.
- Prepares trial balances of general ledgers to ensure debits and credits balance, verifying entries with source data to resolve discrepancies.
- Compiles data and prepares spreadsheets related to various financial activities.
- Furnishes data for general ledger accounts for correctness of income and/or expenses and for maintenance of adequate balances; reconciles monthly and annual salary reports.
- Assists in development and implementation of new or revised accounting and operational procedures.
- May compile and prepare monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports as required.
- May prepare and/or approve various on-line expenditures, journal vouchers etc.
- May provide working supervision to Account Clerk and/or Accountant I positions.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.