Administrative Associate - PA-Department Administration
Job Number: 93164
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 422000 - PA-Department Administration
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Monitors and maintains unit's budget; provides input to supervisor; prepares and submits various budgetary reports; assists supervisor with annual budget process. May have delegated approval authority for all dollar level expenditures for designated entity; coordinates process for items requiring Chair level approval, and/or has delegated approval authority over these items.
- Coordinates supervisor's schedule; makes travel arrangements; plans meeting itineraries, etc. for supervisor or outside visitors.
- Coordinates details of faculty and staff recruitment for division. As directed by supervisor or unit head, initiates personnel action documents, including appointment, termination, and/or salary/title changes. Coordinates appointment process for foreign nationals.
- Pre-screens staff applicants; coordinates interview process for supervisor and/or unit head. Conducts department/division orientation for administrative and technical staff and training of administrative staff.
- Coordinates scheduling and use of department/divisional facilities and assets, including making arrangements for moves and/or renovations, maintaining accurate space records, recommending and/or approving purchase of equipment and furniture, and maintaining inventory files.
- Approves vacation and sick leave transactions; interprets V/SL policies for unit's personnel.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of complex reports requiring significant contact with other departments and outside organizations.
- Provides professional support for special projects, which may include editorial and administrative support for manuscripts and abstracts for publication; prepares material for oral and/or written presentations; coordinates and prepares materials for courses, meetings, and conferences; performs Library and Internet research. May provide assistance in preparing grants and contracts, which may include assistance with budget preparation and/or oversight.
- Maintains sub-ledgers and ledgers for various accounts, including reviewing expenditures and encumbrances, reconciling accounts, and ensuring appropriate use of funds.
- May provide working supervision for staff of lower rank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.