Ambulatory Epic Workflow Analyst
Job Number: 369443
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 701012 - Amb-Ambulatory Training Team
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Official UTSW Job Title: Clinical Workflow Training Analyst
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, nursing, or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principals.
- Experience with electronic medical record (preferably EPIC) in ambulatory environment.
- Prior ambulatory care or clinical education experience preferred.
- Two (2) years clinical experience (nursing, physician assistant or like ambulatory clinical professional position)required.
- Registered Nurse (RN) highly preferred.
- Provide detail workflow analysis of current state practice clinical and business operation.
- Lead the practice through workflow redesign by identifying the gap between current and best practice workflows.
- Identify, manage, communicate and mitigate risks/issues with the project manager throughout the project life cycle
- Collect and interpret specifications required to develop new and revise existing processes. Gather and validate practice specific data and test system functions/processes.
- Assist managers with development and implementation of operational plans for new and existing business applications, including preparation of user specifications.
- Manage the design, education, training and support of various clinic workflow needs. Review, develop, recommend, and implement activities related to assigned activity, program, or function.
- Work with clinical IT team to define application requirements by understanding customer workflow and patient care processes. Maintain a high level of interaction with clinical IT team and business customers (Physicians, Nurses and others).
- Facilitate communication between project team members, including key stakeholders (physicians and nurses).
- Clarify and advise clinical team of clinical requirements, understand project scope, deliverables, work-plan, issues and risks including the need to keep the build project on-time, and with a high degree of quality.
- Support clinical workflow processes. Provide support for EPIC and the different modules that are integrated.
- Identify successful build design strategies for changing environments. Develop procedures, guidelines and documentation on new functionality with tool.
- Develop and implement the training program for Ambulatory EpicCare functionality for clinical staff.
- Develop and maintain a training schedule for new hires and refresher training for existing staff.
- Develop and maintain training material.
- Coordinate post-live training for updates, new hires, roll-outs, and optimizations.
- Stay abreast of changes/updates for assigned Ambulatory Epic applications.