Ambulatory Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Ambulatory Medical Clinic - Richardson / Plano
Job Number: 92129
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 701019 - Amb-Med Ctr Clinic Rich/Plano
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Full Time position for an LVN whom will be working in our Neurology/Urology/Spine pod. This is an excellent position for someone who enjoy diversity as our providers rotate through the pod on different days.
Experience and Education
One (1) year experience in clinical setting preferred. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through a course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) is required.
- Administers personal and therapeutic measures to patients as directed by physicians and/or nurses.
Schedules patients' appointments, tests, and procedures via on line computer system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and through telephone contact.
- Obtains medical history from patients through structured interviews in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Assists in care of patients by preparing exam rooms for patient care, facilitating use of diagnostic equipment, and assuring availability of needed patient information, such as reports of diagnostic exams and medical records.
- Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by the physician. May start and administer intravenous fluids and medications after successful completion of approved UT Southwestern IV course and skills verification with the exception of intravenous push medications.
- Collects information and data that can assist the physician or Registered Nurse in triaging patient phone calls following departmental protocols and documents actions in patients' electronic medical record.
- Takes, records, and reports patient vital signs using medical equipment; performs procedures of low complexity such as serial specimen samples, drawing blood from heparin lock, venipuncture, and specimen collection and handling.
- Documents patient care interventions and education in medical records; ensures appropriate patient consent forms and authoriza- tions are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
- Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning.
- Maintains adequate stock of supplies on carts and in patient exam rooms as required.
- Orders supplies and supplemental nursing material.
- Maintains current customer service, clinical, and technical skills by attending training programs and seminars to continue level of competency and ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
- Completes all necessary clinical documentation in a timely fashion.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.