Ambulatory Float Registered Nurse (RN) - PRN
Job Number: 93223
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 727012 - HSN-Amb RN/MOA Float Pool
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Schedule: Per Diem - PRN
- Works in multiple clinic sites providing interim nurse staffing.
- Able to acclimate to different clinical settings with minimal supervision.
- Delivers nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with stated medical plan of care utilizing the nursing process to assess, implement, and record patient's response in the medical record.
- Schedules patients' appointments, tests, and procedures via on-line computer system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and through telephone contact.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record documentation.
- Provides patient education and documents patient's response in medical record.
- Ensures appropriate patient consents and authorizations are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
- Triages patient phone inquiries according to physician and/or departmental protocols and documents such actions in patients' medical records.
- Provides working supervision and delegates tasks to licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
- Participates in the recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes according to nursing expertise.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during physical exams and medical procedures.
- Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by physician.
- Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning of equipment.
- Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.