Ambulatory Registered Nurse Coordinator General Internal Medicine Clinic
Job Number: 83913
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 415004 - IM-Clinic Gen Int Med
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Functions as team lead for a group of clinical staff (POD) assigned to specific patients to ensure efficient and effective patient care coordination of clinical procedures.
- Ensures all patient quality metrics are completed by staff during the clinic visit(s) per protocols by staff to meet ACO requirements.
- Assign clinical duties as needed to ensure effective workflows, patient care requirements are meet and clinical quality and safety measures are followed.
- Works with supervisor to ensure staff has been oriented and trained for duties assigned.
- Monitors patient registries for patients assigned to respective POD.
- Coordinate follow-up and assign duties to clinical staff for patients in POD registries in order to close care gaps as defined by the ambulatory clinical quality program.
- Monitors patient telephone requests and MyChart in-baskets for POD to ensure timely response to patient communications. Coordinates team assignments to effectively and efficiently respond to patient messages.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.