Ambulatory RN - IM Digestive (Park Cities Clinic)
Job Number: 89626
Location: 8611 Hillcrest Road, Dallas, TX
Department: 701018 - Amb-Med Ctr Clinic Park Cities
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through a course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) is required.
- One (1) year of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
- Specialty areas may have increased experience requirements as dictated by clinic or standard of care.
- Ambulatory/ physician office experience in internal medicine specialty area highly preferred.
- Delivers nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with stated medical plan of care utilizing the nursing process to assess, implement, and record patients' response in the medical record.
- Schedules patients' appointments, tests, and procedures via on-line computer system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and through telephone contact.
- Provides patient education and documents patient's response in medical record.
- Ensures appropriate patient consents and authorizations are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
- Triages patient phone inquiries according to physician and/or departmental protocols and documents such actions in patients' medical records.
- Provides working supervision and delegates tasks to licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record documentation.
- Participates in the recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes according to nursing expertise.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during physical exams and medical procedures. Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by physician.
- Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning of equipment. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
- Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.