Ambulatory Registered Nurse - Otolaryngology Clinic
Job Number: 529000
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 702005 - OTO Adult Prof Aston
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Delivers nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with stated medical plan of care utilizing the nursing process to assess, implement, and record patient's response in the medical record.
- Schedules patient's appointments, tests, and procedures via on-line computer system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and through telephone contact.
- Provides patient education and documents patient's response in medical record.
- Ensures appropriate patient consents and authorizations are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
- Triages patient phone inquiries according to physician and/or departmental protocols and documents such actions in patient's medical records.
- Provides working supervision and delegates tasks to licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record documentation.
- Participates in the recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes according to nursing expertise.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during physical exams and medical procedures. Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by physician.
- Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning of equipment. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
- Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.