Ambulatory RN Supervisor - Frisco Clinic
Job Number: 81204
Location: 5575 WARREN PARKWAY, Frisco, TX
Department: 701021 - Amb-Med Ctr Clinic Frisco
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
The UT Southwestern Medical Center at Friscowill be part ofthe first Southwestern Health Resources collaborative medical campus. The 20-acre campus will be located at the southeast corner of the Dallas North Tollway and Cobb Hill Drive andis scheduled to open in 2019.
Texas Health Frisco is planned asan eight-story, 325,000-square-foot hospital. This 74-bed acute-care hospitalwill include a 24/7 emergency room, surgical services, women's services, and a neonatal intensive care unit.
UTSW Medical Center at Frisco will be located adjacent to the hospital in the 120,000-square-footMedical Office Building (MOB), with 90,000 square feet of the MOB dedicated as clinical space. The four-story building will feature a retail pharmacy, imaging and phlebotomy stations, and clinicsprovidingservices in both Primary Care and numerous Practice-Based specialties.
Specialties to include:
- Orthopaedics ( Spine / Joints / Sports)
- PM&R ( TBI/Concussion / Sports Medicine /Physical Therapy)
- Ophthalmology (Incl. Pediatrics)
- Otolaryngology (Incl. Pediatrics)
- Pediatrics ( Endocrine / GI / Neurology / Otolaryngology / Urology / Ophthalmology)
- Plastic Surgery
- Surgery ( Bariatric / Colorectal / Endocrine / General)
Experience and Education
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through American Heart Association required.
- Three (3) years general nursing experience required; minimum of five (5) years preferred.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ambulatory clinic/ outpatient physician's office experience highly preferred.
- Oversees and/or teaches others specialized knowledge and skills necessary to perform techniques and routines in area of specialty. Acts as a preceptor and resource for the department processes.
- Provides operational management of daily patient care services to assure high levels of patient satisfaction with a focus on PACT. Assists in the management of financial, capital, and human resources.
- Assesses, monitors, and evaluates systems for delivery of care. Leads/participates in departmental performance improvement activities and integration of services.
- Assists in development of patient care standards of practice and personnel performance. Ensures services meet established nursing standards of care and quality standards.
- Designs, executes, and delivers effective system of internal controls applicable and in compliance to laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Facilitates teamwork and staff development and staff satisfaction through planned group processes.
- Supervises nursing staff and/or other non-licensed medical or office support personnel. Responsible for recommending hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions in coordination with the Clinic Manager. Ensures that new employees are oriented and trained appropriately.
- Actively works with Ambulatory leadership as the liaison for implementation and monitoring of established documentation standards in the medical record.
- May provide direct patient care.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.