Animal Care Attendant - Animal Resouces Center (ARC) (Entry Level)
Job Number: 84450
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 200650 - Animal Resources Center
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
We are looking for highly motivated, detail oriented, energetic employees to join our team. We offer career advancement opportunities. Fun Friendly working environment!
- Operates cage wash equipment start-up and shut-down procedures.
- Thoroughly cleans and monitors equipment throughout day and reports equipment failures.
- Maintains high quality sanitization.
- Recognizes equipment needs and rapidly processes appropriate equipment.
- Operates autoclave equipment.
- Cleans and maintains autoclaves equipment.
- Reports equipment failures and maintains log books.
- Evaluates and prepares extra equipment and delivers sterile equipment to appropriate storage rooms.
- Maintains proper bedding levels in cages; accurately sorts equipment by bedding type and building.
- Maintains quality and rejects unclean equipment. Maintains steam strip logs.
- Cleans and maintains multiple support areas (storage rooms, restrooms, break rooms, procedure labs) as well as main hallways.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques and chemicals to ensure sanitization of all surfaces.
- Completes multiple loads to laundry to meet area needs. Keeps machines cleaned and well maintained.
- Accurately requests, sorts, organizes routine supplies to meet area needs.
- Provides supply requests in timely manner.
- Correctly applies appropriate techniques and chemicals to maintain facility floors.
- Routinely sweeps and mops.
- Utilizes floor machines to effectively remove buildup of wax and debris.
- Follows appropriate safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.