Job Number: 367432
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 525002 - Facilities Planning
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, registered by Texas State Board of Architectural Examiners, and
- Five (5) years' experience in architectural design and construction. Some clinical, hospital or laboratory design desired.
- Interviews users and provides professional architectural consultation services relative to users' needs.
- Prepares conceptual plans and programs for renovation projects as basis for generating cost estimates.
- Oversees and Manages preparation of plans and specifications (by outside A/E firms) for remodeling of existing campus buildings, including coordination of electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and structural modifications.
- Personally prepares plans and specifications as required by departmental workload.
- Reviews architectural plans and drawings to ensure adherence to UT Southwestern System Standards together with administrative procedures and policies relating to occupational safety, health and fire safety.
- Serves as liaison with construction project managers to provide technical support and approve project changes.
- Coordinates with engineering staff, and drafting personnel for production/review of assigned projects.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.