Assistant Director HIM - Health Information Management
Job Number: 529070
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 700525 - Hlth Infrmtn Mgmt Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Planning Functions - Assists the Director to develop, implement, and assess long-range and short-term goals; conducts studies and analyzes reports and makes recommendations concerning staffing, organization, budget and workflow. Assists the Director and partners with the Health System EMR team and related leadership to provide analysis and management of the content of the medical record to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Policy Functions - Implements, administers, reviews, and updates as needed, department policies and procedures designed to ensure effective and efficient operations and compliance with established standards, rules, and regulations. Takes the initiative to make decisions regarding practices and policies and is an advocate for improvement.
- Production Functions - Assists leading the HIM operations staff to ensure productivity standards, quality standards, and data quality is maintained. Together with the HIM leadership, assures medical records are efficiently and accurately maintained. Provides assistance to assure orientation and training programs are in place while ensuring ongoing competence of staff is documented. Assists with compliance of regulatory standards to include The Joint Commission (TJC) standards, State standards, and Medicare Conditions of Participation. Provide assistance to assure management of various resources to maintain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives.
- Personnel Functions - Assists in providing open communication and sharing plans with employees as well as elevation of employee issues and concerns to executive leadership as needed. Acts as a mentor and assists in fostering the growth of HIM leadership staff. Monitors and evaluates subordinate HIM team management staff according to organizational guidelines.
- Reporting and Performance Improvement Functions - Assists in maintaining departmental statistics on work volume, productivity, and accuracy. Works with HIM leadership to maintain continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual performance improvement targets. Provides support for and reporting to the HIM Committee of the Medical Staff. Works with HIM leadership to meet or exceed financial goals and objectives of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.