Assistant Director Medical/Surgical Follow -Up
Job Number: 85130
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 713008 - MG Rev Cyc-Med Follow-Up
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Oversee and streamline medical/surgical follow-up processes
- Develop medical/surgical follow-up functions and processes to ensure maximum workflow and productivity, communicating deficiencies as well as best practices to operations management.
- Monitor work queue aging and manage to meet MSRDP guidelines.
- Monitor denials management and determine corrective action plans.
- Supervise follow-up managers to ensure appropriate management and oversite of collections staff on a daily basis. Role include hiring, engagement, retention, schedule, monitoring productivity standards, departmental training, approving time off, processing payroll, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and exit paperwork.
- Assist the accounting department by approving all departmental bills for accounts payable and keep comprehensive records.
- Review denial and claims data on a regular basis to ensure accountability and follow-up.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Medical and Ancillary follow-up to establish and implement appropriate billing procedures, and procedures for follow-up on third-party approvals and collection of overdue patient accounts.
- Oversee denied, rejected and appealed claims to ensure proper follow-up and resubmission, if needed.
- Review and post weekly metrics for supervised staff to determine when operational goals are met.
- Communicate with leadership any trends/issues identified. Collaborate with contracting to resolve payor specific denial issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining data collection and issue reporting including but not limited to routine and special requests for department, management, administration and corporate offices within required timeframes.
- Serve as a resource to peers, staff and others, team leader, trainer as required, provides education, develops step actions, standards of performance and monitors and reinforces.
- Direct, monitor, assign, and evaluate work flows and processes in assigned areas. Work with other departments to ensure seamless process flow, and offer suggestions when a work flow needs to be corrected or changed.
- Assist in developing the Revenue Cycle Departments budget and provides fiscal direction to the unit.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.