ATTORNEY - MED RISK MGMT
Job Number: 19000010
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 100400 - Ofc of VP Legal Affairs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Assist in the monitoring of medical malpractice caseload and address medical legal issues of faculty and administrators arising relating the provision of healthcare.
- Works with faculty, staff, UT System attorneys, counsel of the Attorney General's Office, outside counsel as well as in-house counsel of affiliated institutions.
- Occasional court or deposition appearances to monitor and evaluate case status and risk exposure.
- Additional responsibilities may include research and preparation of opinions regarding medical legal matters, facilitation of review of care; and responding to legal matters which can arise in a medical malpractice context.
- Serve on various committees and provide counsel on risk issues.
- Identify and coordinate risk reduction strategies.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.