Benefits Representative - Office of Human Resources
Job Number: 1900003D
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 513002 - Benefits & Retirement Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT
Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Works under moderate supervision to perform effective benefits administration duties for assigned tier in the Office of Human Resources.
Experience and Education
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field and three (3) years of professional experience in one or more areas of Human Resource Management. Preferred experience with PeopleSoft (Benadmin).
- Responsible for responding to inquires received using the benefits line, email and ServiceNow requests.
- Participate in and help coordinate special projects including annual enrollment benefit fairs and wellness events.
- Facilitate and assist with new hire benefits orientation for staff and faculty.
- Work closely with payroll department to ensure accuracy of benefit related transactions.
- Provide consultations to individuals as they experience life events or job status changes that require mid-year benefit changes.
- Prepares written notifications to employees that may impact the insurance, retirement, and unpaid leave programs.
- Responsible for the triage of incoming mail.
- May process applicable forms to start, stop, or change benefit elections or deductions.
- May review system reports to troubleshoot insurance issues.
- Facilitate root cause analysis through researching the circumstances and proposing solutions that take into consideration federal, state, and institutional policies. Reviews the proposed solutions with the division supervisor.
- Assists in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Actively participates in group benefits activities such as preparation of packets, mail outs, information assessments, training and group discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work requires the ability to interpret departmental, institutional, UT System, State and Federal policy and apply procedures, techniques, or practices to work problems.
- Work requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Work requires the ability to professionally handle telephone and personal contact with all levels of internal and external personnel and organizations to obtain or provide information and explain facts, policies, and procedures relating to resolution of problems of a recurring but non-routine nature.
- Work requires reading, writing, simple to advanced arithmetic, data analysis and report writing skills.
Work is performed primarily in general office area.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.