Biosafety Program Manager
Job Number: 529267
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 8200 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX
Department: 400710 - Safety and Business Continuity
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Develops, implements, and interprets safety policies, procedures, and programs campus wide, which includes two hospitals; to increase employee safety awareness and reduce work related injuries.
- Identifies potential safety and health hazards and discrepancies with safety policies, regulatory agency standards, and national guidelines, and develops strategies or implements control measure to ensure a safe environment.
- Prepares reports for submission to supervisors and/or managers, which identify the potential hazard(s) and/or program discrepancies found, and provides recommendations for control and compliance.
- Prepares various types of reports including submissions to safety committees and activity reports.
- Evaluates existing buildings and construction plans and projects to identify safety concerns and present recommendations.
- Participates in or leads in the conduct of accident/incident investigations.
- Participates in the development and delivery of campus safety training.
- Supervises staff and manages Human Resources activities including recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations.
- Stays abreast of environmental, health, and safety regulations and practices and summarizes changes.
- Maintains required records and documentation.
- Assists in preparing for and responding to emergencies including hazardous materials incidents. Participates in emergency drills including fire drills.
- Individual may be on-call or emergency situations may require the individual to respond at times outside of set work schedule.
- This position is designated as essential. Personnel in designated essential positions are expected to report to work as required in the event of an emergency to sustain institutional services or protect assets.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.