Biostatistical Consultant III - Clinical Sciences
Job Number: 82823
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 354006 - DS-Outcomes and Health
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Collaborates with investigators to identify problems and provide statistical consultation including design of experiments of survey, analysis of data, interpretation of results and preparation of reports.
- Writes statistical portion of manuscript based on results of analysis and address manuscript revisions based on reviewer's comments.
- Assists client data organization.
- Performs statistical computations.
- Provides graphical and tabular representations.
- Develops, maintains and modifies programs for in-house use.
- Collaborates with investigators in grant development including statistical design of studies and preparation of statistical portion of grant proposal.
- Performs non-statistical components of consulting such as providing analogous examples and explanations using non-technical terminology and helping researchers formulate and clarify research issues.
- Visits client work field whenever possible to establish rapport and to become familiar with and interested in client's research and data.
- Keeps current in statistical methods and computing skills; researches to find techniques for non-standard statistical analyses.
- May supervise biostatistical consultants and/or data entry operators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.