Business Analyst Sr. - IR Health Systems EMR
Job Number: 363960
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 518006 - IR Hlth Sys EMR
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Manages projects and serves as primary customer contact. Defines and maintains project plan and schedules.
- Monitors compliance with definitions of project scope, timelines, and deliverables.
- Provides regular project status reports to customer and internal management.
- Assists business analysts of lower grade to coordinate projects.
- Collects, interprets, and documents specifications required to develop new and revise existing software applications.
- Develops and implements operational plans for new and existing business computer applications.
- Participates in development of project proposals for customers.
- Coordinates testing of new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users.
- Defines and develops test scenarios.
- Documents and tracks status of application errors and related issues in problem log.
- Assists programmers and business analysts of lower grade in analyzing and resolving problems.
- Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to applicable management staff.
- Develops new system administrative procedures required, utilizing new functionality resulting from systems changes.
- Assists in developing and implementing business strategies in departments to improve operational processing and productivity.
- Monitors development of specifications and establishes priorities for accomplishing design and testing of various projects.
- Reviews, develops, recommends, and implements activites, programs, or functions as assigned.
- Maintains and tracks accounts assigned to projects or programs. Develops and maintains project plans. Provides project status reports.
- Records time spent on projects to meet cost-recovery requirements.
- May supervise lower level analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead a collaborative approach to accomplishing research ordering protocols tasks in Epic by facilitating interaction with the billing and Velos IT team, Interface/InterConnect teams, CTMS IT team, research coordinators and Billing and Compliance offices at UTSW.
- Coordinate the build and deployment of research related therapy plans, smartsets and ordersets based on the orders necessary based on the research coverage analysis and clinical needs; standardize and troubleshoot ordering workflows within Epic; Communicate with department heads, researcher coordinators and primary investigators, and the billing IR team on workflow testing and Epic and enhancements.
- Build, troubleshoot and maintain Take part in team activities around projects, support and maintenance of systems supported by the EMR Team.
- The candidate for this position must be certified in at least one Epic certification )
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.