Job Number: 362745
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 525000 - Facilities Plan & Constr Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- Graduation from high school, GED, or vocational school.
- Five (5) years skilled or journeyman level experience as a carpenter in a commercial, institution or healthcare setting, knowledge of door hardware, proficiency in the use of large power tools (ex: table saw, circular saw, router, miter saw, etc.).
- Journeyman Carpenter License preferred, not required.
- Performs carpentry work involved in areas of construction, alteration, maintenance and repair of building structures, components and systems.
- Designs and builds tables, doors, shelves, bookcases and a wide variety of specialized fabrications.
- Builds metal stud, sheet rock walls, install metal doorjambs, window frames, ceilings and various articles constructed of wood and/or metal.
- Acts as a Lead to employees and addresses peers and directs work flow in the supervisor's absence.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.