Cashier - Full Time/Part Time/PRN
Job Number: 1800004I
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 868030 - Nutrition Services-CUH
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
High school graduate and on-the-job training required.
Two (2) years college with no prior experience.
We are looking for highly motivated employees to join our Nutrition Team!
The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast paced environment and stay motivated and quickly move from task to task.This position will provide assistance in receipt, disbursement, and accountability of cash transactions at cashier window or Cafeteria.
Must be available to work afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to successfully pass a full background check and drug test. References will be required.
PRN employees are not benefits eligible, however this is a great way to earn some experience or get your foot in the door for future growth opportunities!
- Sets up cash register. Receives cash till, counts operating cash, and places in register.
- Operates register during meal periods: rings up total charges, explains charges as requested, and makes change.
- Assumes responsibility for cashiering equipment during meal period.
- Maintains required records and statistics, particularly those involved in cashiering such as register tapes.
- Assists with serving meals as needed, stocking food items and paper goods.
- Assists in break-down and clean-up of cafe and dining rooms as directed.
- Reports defective equipment/supplies, cashiering problems, and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Alerts supervisor of any problems with guests or patients.
- Attends in-service meetings and other required training and meetings as directed.
- Ensures safety/santitation guidelines are met by keeping work area appropriately cleaned and promptly addressing issues which might compromise safety, such as wet floors, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.