Clinic Manager - Las Colinas Clinical Center
Job Number: 363950
Location: 701 Tuscan Drive, Irving, TX
Department: 701016 - Amb-Clin Center Las Colinas
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
The Medical Center at Las Colinas features these clinics and services:
- General Internal Medicine
- GI/Digestive Diseases
- Orthopaedic, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Multi-disciplinary Spine
- Lab Services
- Imaging Services
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or related field.
- Five (5) years responsible administrative experience in patient care environment to include two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Prior Clinic Management experience highly preferred.
- Manages and supervises staff to achieve institutionally determined standards to include: effective communication with staff, physicians and patients, providing feedback, goal setting, responding to patient and staff needs and mentoring and coaching staff to achieve performance improvement and monitors work flow and ensures adherence to policies and procedures; recommends and/or implements changes as necessary to maintain efficiency.
- Maintains high level of customer service to all internal and external customers by communicating performance standards and expectations to clinic staff, coaches, mentors and develops staff, administering customer satisfaction surveys and responses to them and orient and train staff on specific clinic work processes.
- Organizes and directs operational processes including: Access to care, telephone service/response times, clinic dwell times, practice and procedure changes, insurance verification, timely submission and completeness of charges, billing compliance, cancellations/bumped appointments, referral tracking and follow up, registration, quality control of correspondence, scheduling and staffing to ensure excellent patient care and service and HIAA compliance.
- Monitors and manages clinical processes including: compliance with clinical policies and nursing practice, adherence to the National Patient Safety Goals, maintaining compliance with Joint Commission standards and PQRI and other clinical measure of performance.
- Ensures successful financial performance of the clinic including: monitoring adequate financial controls for appointments, charges and payment functions, works with business manager to develop clinic budget, tracks performance and variance to budget, ensures appropriate accounting practices and procedures are followed, prepares and submits various budgetary reports, oversee purchasing and expense management, collaborates with business manager and team leader to ensure successful collections effort.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with university and departmental policy.
- Designs, executes, and maintains effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded and financial information is reliable.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.