Clinic Staff Supervisor - Multi-Disciplinary Clinic
Job Number: 366986
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 429003 - SY-Clinic Multi-Disciplinary
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Maintains high level of customer service to all internal and external customers. Oversees patient service recovery and PACT program for clinic.
- Supervises all levels of Clinic Staff Assistants (CSA staff) and Clinic Staff Coordinator(s), ensuring appropriate guidelines are followed. Ensures that CSA staff adhere to university dress code. Works with Recruitment and Administration regarding CSA staff recruitment issues; makes recommendations regarding hiring and disciplinary actions for staff.
- Works with Administration regarding training and supervision of CSA staff, giving appropriate, timely feedback on problems or issues. Conducts interim performance evaluations for CSA float staff.
- Ensures that CSA staff receives complete orientation to work area with regular feedback sessions during first three months of employment in clinic. Oversees CSA staff development, such as continuing education, cross-training, and preceptorship opportunities. Addresses employee satisfaction data as appropriate.
- Monitors work flow and ensures adherence to policies and procedures; recommends and/or implements changes as necessary to maintain efficient clinic. Coordinates CSA staff schedules to ensure support of clinic operations.
- Manages vacation, sick leave, and time clock for CSA staff. Oversees internal and external referral system. Oversees external vendor utilization (i.e. ClientTell and transcription services).
- Ensures integrity and availability of patient information; maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with university and department policy. Functions as liaison with other departments, offices, and divisions regarding clerical clinic functions as needed.
- Functions as interim Clinic Manager as necessary. Performs Clinic Staff Coordinator duties as necessary. Attends meetings and training; acts as liaison and participates in committees and work groups to assist Administration with quality and work performance issues.
- Participates in HIPAA, internal control, and phone audits. Oversees performance improvement projects.
- Processes Press Ganey data for dissemination to providers. Prepares monthly quality assurance documents as required; works Administration regarding outcome of reports. Analyzes and interprets data from audit reports.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.