Clinical Data Specialist - Community Prevention & Intervention
Job Number: 529184
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 220640 - Com Prevention & Intervention
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and two (2) years experience in research or clinical area or other related experience.
- Identifies inclusion/exclusion criteria, reads medical charts and enters data on new subjects; if they meet registration requirements in research study, enrolls subjects and instructs them in protocol procedures.
- Submits confidential records and research materials to study group reviewers at other institutions when applicable.
- Prepares statistical information for each subject entered in or removed from research study.
- Assesses and documents subjects' response to treatment through physical assessment and/or data analysis; reports any evidence of toxicity to drugs or chemicals used in treatment of subjects.
- Reviews data to determine treatment modifications and alterations between research study plan and actual subject care.
- Confers with physicians and nurses to obtain statistical informa- tion concerning subjects when they have tests performed or receive treatment elsewhere.
- May assist with preparation of annual or terminal summary for each research study as well as other required information for Institutional Review Board.
- Prepares data of any new research study for Institutional Review Board and informed consent for subjects' families.
- Purchases office equipment and laboratory supplies maintaining inventory and expense records.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.