Clinical RN Educator Ambulatory Services
Job Number: 367007
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 701011 - Amb-Ambulatory Clinical Educ
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required; Master's degree preferred.
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas required.
- Three (3) years experience in healthcare, one (1) year staff development experience, required.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- Evaluates competence of newly-hired staff, identifies and sets plans for immediate and on-going educational needs of staff as they relate to changes in service, equipment, technique or other issues and follows-up as needed.
- Develops and implements educational plan for each assigned clinic, each year, in conjunction with clinic managers.
- Provides instruction and guidance for nursing staff in assigned clinics, with particular concern for newly hired staff.
- Maintains all needed records regarding CEU programs, for each assigned area.
- Develops clinical preceptor program for ambulatory clinic by identifying potential preceptors, training and monitoring current preceptors, and reviewing feedback from new hires to evaluate preceptor training.
- Oversees clinical orientation program for ambulatory personnel. Revises or develops competency evaluation and skills checklist for each job title. Oversees individual clinic based orientation with preceptors and provides appropriate feedback to preceptor and clinic manager.
- Develops on-going training programs, such as annual skills certification. Develops and trains swat team for clinical services to offer individual training capabilities as necessary. Develops training program for at-risk areas, in cooperation with performance improvement activities, which are designed to evaluate need for additional education due to patient safety issues, infection control, or compliance.
- Works with EPIC install team to assure appropriate training. Develops assessment tools to determine EPIC comprehension and develop annual assessment verification for EPIC. Utilizes feedback from annual assessments to alter orientation and training.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.