Epic Provider Trainer (MD, DO, NP or PA)
Job Number: 351994
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 701012 - Amb-Ambulatory Training Team
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Official UTSW Job Title - Clinician Practice Analyst
Experience and Education
- Must have training as an MD, DO, NP, or PA with five years' experience as a healthcare provider in an ambulatory setting.
- Strong EMR background (preferably with EPIC).
- Strong communication skills required with the ability to facilitate development of documentation standards for clinical providers.
- Provide detailed workflow analysis of current state practice clinical and business operations, with a focus on physician and non-physician provider workflows. Collect and interpret specifications required to develop new and revise existing processes. Gather and validate practice specific data and test system functions/processes. Lead the practice through workflow redesign by identifying the gap between current and best practice workflows.
- Manage the design, education, training and support of various clinic workflow needs with focus on physician and non-physician provider workflows. Review, develop, recommend, and implement activities related to assigned activity, program, or function.
- Develop procedures, guidelines and documentation on new EMR functionality. Develop new hire training material specific to the system.
- Assist and/or lead classroom training for multiple groups of clinical/end users ranging from physicians to front office staff.
- Work with clinical IT team to define application requirements by understanding customer workflow and patient care processes. Maintain a high level of interaction with clinical IT team and business customers (Physicians, Nurses and others).
- Clarify and advise clinical team of clinical requirements, understand project scope, deliverables, work-plan, issues, and risks including the need to keep the build project on-time, and with a high degree of quality.
- Assist managers with development and implementation of operational plans for new and existing business application, including preparation of user specifications.
- Identify, manage, communicate and mitigate risks/issues with the project manager throughout the project life cycle.
- Facilitate communication between project team members, including key stakeholders (physicians and nurses).
- Develop and maintain competency on pertinent applications and technologies.
- Develop subject matter expertise of system functionality.