Computational Biologist I - Quantitative Biomedical Research Center
Job Number: 372449
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 354007 - DS-Core QBRC
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field of biological science, and two (2) years related research experience in bioinformatics and computational biology.
- Perform professional work in support of scientific research using technical knowledge of software, software development, networking, and/or hardware in a complex computing environment. Subject matter expert in multiple areas of computing technology, and specific knowledge of molecular biology and genetics.
- Manage research laboratory computer hardware and software programming and maintenance. Ensure existing systems meet the continuing needs of the lab and/or recommend and test new systems as necessary.
- Perform complex data analysis related to specialized research methodologies and results as assigned by the Principle Investigator.
- Develop and/or modify software to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Resolve hardware, software, and network issues in support of the laboratory.
- Develop and maintain complex databases to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Train laboratory staff in the use of pertinent research systems.
- May specialize in bioinformatics, software development, network administration, or hardware/software maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.