Construction Project Coordinator
Job Number: 527689
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 401741 - Capital Construction
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Develops construction schedule in conjunction with Production Control, Building Managers, and leadership. Ensures accordance with policy.
- Reads and interprets architectural plans and contract documents. Develops estimates for materials needed and places orders accordingly.
- Coordinates scheduling of various trades during construction phase. Knowledge of scheduling software preferred.
- Inspects job site on on-going basis to ensure work is being performed in timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares change orders and obtains approval from leadership.
- Gives contractor tentative approval to proceed and then obtains final approval from Assistant Director as appropriate.
- Acts as liaison with user to respond to concerns and obtains approval for any changes in plans or costs.
- Prepares punch list, conducts final inspection, and reviews final billing upon completion of project.
- Secures permits and inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.