Job Number: 64241
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 868030 - Nutrition Services-CUH
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Completes and maintains all job performance requirements and standards as established by department specific procedures. Maintains all standards as required in department and hospital policy and procedure manual.
- Follows production guides, standardized recipes, menu and assmebles food, supplies and equipment for daily preparation of salads, cook menu items and sandwiches. Labels and dates food for sale or storage appropriately. Cuts and trims meat, fish, poultry and vegetables. Spices and seasons as required by recipe. Cooks, bakes etc. in appropriate utensil and/or cooking equipment. Carves, slices or otherwise portions foods to assure effective portion controls and optimums.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients using appropriate procedures to prepare food items. Measures and mixes ingredients according to standardized recipes. Utilizes variety of butcher utensils and equipment including grinders, slicers, mixers and blenders. Reports supply shortages and/or low stock levels. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food or defective supplies or unusual conditions. Maintains required records as directed, such as temperature records. Serves on patient trayline. Assures quality consistency and attractive presentation.
- Follows procedures for sanitation of work area and equipment during food production. Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment at end of shift. Inspects that all equipment is in good working order and reports any defective supplies or equipment to supervisor.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings and training sessions. Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.