Coordinator - Office of the President
Job Number: 372759
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 100000 - Office of the President
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
1. Provides administrative support to President, Vice President and Chief of Staff, and Director.
2. Prepares documents including correspondence, memos, recommendations, reports, meeting material, and documents for signature by the President. Document preparation may be of a complex nature requiring an advanced knowledge of various software programs and strict adherence to style guidelines. Distributes copies to appropriate individuals based on knowledge of organization.
3. Coordinates out-of-state/country travel arrangements for President. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of travel policies, restrictions, and procedures for multiple airline carriers within the United States and internationally. Researches and plans extended travel schedules using different modes of transportation for various travel itineraries. Enters appropriate travel documents into electronic Travel file for PeopleSoft documentation. Prepares travel packets for President.
4. Responsible for maintaining President's memberships in professional societies. Ensures President's medical credentials are current and submits renewals as required.
5. Assists President and Vice President and Chief of Staff with PowerPoint presentations. Develops slides from content derived from researching institutional data and academic and scientific journals. Assists with template design to capture information. Creates scientific slides and maintains slide library for President.
6. Updates President's CVs and bios annually, and maintains throughout the year as articles are published, lectures given, and committees/boards are joined.
7. Performs transcriptions of President's dictated letters and other writing.
8. Researches and submits recommendations for equipment purchases for President and Vice President and Chief of Staff.
9. Assists with computer software installations, troubleshoots computer problems, and serves as technical advisor to staff as regards computer questions. Interacts with Client Services in solving computer problems for staff.
10. Maintains hard copy and electronic files for the Office of the President. This includes creating new directories, maintaining existing files, creating, deleting, and editing files. Assists with ensuring compliance with records retention policies.
11. Serves as Timekeeper for the department. Uses Kronos to enter and track timekeeping data.
12. Assists President with preparation of scientific manuscripts and materials from drafts through final submission to scientific journals and professional organizations. Demonstrates knowledge of submission standards for scientific journals. Coordinates correspondence among authors of scientific submissions and makes revisions to documents as necessary. Coordinates distribution of material between authors.
13. Assists Director with special annual projects, including Institutional Standing Committee appointments, which require on-going maintenance of database for appointments/resignations of faculty.
14. Assists Manager of Endowments with special projects in endowment data management as well as ongoing faculty appointments and institutional endowment compliance efforts.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.