Customer Account Analyst I-MSRDP
Job Number: 367789
Location: 8200 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX
Department: 713009 - MG Rev Cyc-Acct Resolutions
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
May perform some or all of the following:
1. Answer all incoming patient/client calls.
2. Take credit card payments over the telephone and posts to patient' accounts.
3. Set up monthly payment plans on patient accounts.
4. Add or correct insurance registration and files claims accordingly.
5. Update demographics to include address and telephone numbers based on patient' telephone calls.
6. Document all actions taken on accounts in the system account notes to ensure all prior actions are noted and understandable by others.
7. Review accounts to resolve discrepancies in account balances and ensure payments are in accordance with the respective contract, appropriate discounts or applicable write-off completed. Including posting any undistributed credits while talking to the patient.
8. Transfer call and/or account to Patient Financial Advocate to resolve complex account issues and escalated patient calls.
9. Attend seminars, webinars, workshops, and actively participates in Occupational Training and Development and Compliance educational activities.
10. Maintain knowledge of all university applicable rules, regulations, policies, guidelines that impact Billing Operations; seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding of job functions.
11. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.