Job Number: 355995
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 428000 - RA-Department Administration
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, basic science, or computer related field, and
- Two (2) years experience in field directly related to type of database maintained, including experience working with and maintaining large complex database.
- Maximizes use of automated database systems through on-going analysis of mainframe, PC, and manual systems; trains users in use of automated systems; assists in, or designs, database and related applications; maintains database system and associated data collection systems.
- Extracts relevant data from various sources and data enters information into database.
- Works with system users to make recommendations, receive feedback, and test additions and/or enhancements to automated database system so that systems are updated, tested, developed, and implemented.
- Administers and investigates database network and systems administration hardware and software by utilizing proficiencies in various computer languages to support functions of project or department.
- Investigates and recommends efficient, user-friendly database interface designs for all users by utilizing acquired experience and knowledge of database systems.
- Proposes policy for relational database table design; works in tandem with scientific/technical community using knowledge of future trends to produce database that is responsive to user needs.
- Installs and maintains related database software and hardware systems.
- Makes recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer database systems, hardware components and database software applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.