Department Facilities Administrator -Office, Project, & Operations Management
Job Number: 19000021
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 238100 - Pediatrics
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree plus five (5) years' experience in the planning, coordinating and delivery of facilities functions.
- Facilities experience should include familiarity with building maintenance, repairs, renovations, utility systems, housekeeping, security, safety, telecommunications, signage and key control.
- Supervises a staff that has administrative and facilities (office furniture and equipment) responsibilities.
- Plans and implements departmental moves and relocations including furniture, equipment, telephones, etc; coordinates with appropriate management in developing time lines and implementation procedures.
- Maintains inventory control system for furniture and equipment, which includes the accountability, distribution, reallocation, transfer, turn-in, storage of furniture and equipment; maintains log of all capital equipment and ensures that all surplus property is removed from inventory and properly disposed of; reconciles any unallocated property and report to Inventory Control Office.
- Meets with users to understand the needs of the space and to assist with the layout and furnishing of the space. Identifies the most efficient use of resources. Maintains current knowledge and expertise in laboratory design, setup, and systems.
- Coordinates and oversees departmental construction and renovation projects.
- Researches and creates equipment listing for new and expanding clinics and departments.
- Procures stages and installs equipment for renovations and departmental projects.
- Obtains comparative and competitive pricing information and contracts with equipment, office machines, furniture and service vendors.
- Acts as fire safety coordinator or facilitator during fire drills and fire safety training events. Also responsible for preparation and updates of Departmental business Recovery Data Collection Survey.
- Maintain and track medical equipment in accordance with biomedical service agreement for electrical and safety inspections.
- Assists with the annual budget planning regarding renovation expenses, capital budget requests, and large core equipment purchases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In addition to standard job description, oversees and manages renovation projects, staff and faculty location moves and ancillary service requests, Archibus administrator - reviews Dept. records & submits for corrections, business continuity plan administrator, records retention administrator, IT assets administrator, provides direction to outsourced IR support.