Dietary Aide - FullTime
Job Number: 180000CG
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 868030 - Nutrition Services-CUH
Full/Part Time/PRN: Variable
We are looking for highly motivated employees to join our Nutrition Team!
As a Nutrition Service Attendant (Dietary Aide), the ideal candidate should be highly customer service focused, be able to quickly move from task to task, and have experience handling high volume calls. Previous hospital experience preferred but not required
Full Time and Part Time employees are benefits eligible!
Experience and Education
- High school education or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Experience in commercial food service operation or other service related work experience is required.
Must be available to work afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
References will be required.
Must be able to successfully pass a full background check and drug test.
- Completes and maintains all job performance requirements and standards as outlined in Career Ladder Program and Position Time and Duties.
- Maintains all standards as required in Disciplinary Points Section of Career Ladder Program.
- Performs established procedures in preparation of equipment and food for patient trayline.
- Serves on patient tray assembly line in assigned position according to established schedule, time and duties.
- Delivers and picks up patient tray carts on each floor according to established policies and procedures. Delivers late trays in timely manner.
- Participates in breaking down trayline and cleaning as outlined in time and duties. Collects, processes, and disposes of trash from patient trayline and dishroom.
- Performs warewashing procedures for patient and cafe trays. Sorts, stacks and returns flatware, china and trays to proper location for next meal.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings. Attends meetings as required.
- Alerts supervisor of any issues with patients, equipment or food.
- Monitors and documents equipment temperatures according to established procedures, time and duties.
- Assures patient safety by verifying patient's name and room number on menu. Alerts Nursing Services if menu and name on door do not correspond.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.