Director of Ambulatory Operations- Surgical
Job Number: 303240
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 700510 - Ambulatory Services-Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Responsible for an assigned portfolio of outpatient clinics. Oversees the operational and financial performance clinics in coordination with department leadership and/or governance committees. Establishes a clinic operating model that is both efficient and leads to high-quality patient outcomes. Works with department leadership and the Ambulatory Services Committee to direct the translation of strategic priorities into daily operations in keeping with departmental goals and objectives.
- Develops clinic management and supports clinic medical directors in meeting goals, budgets, and performance metrics including patient access, patient flow, patient satisfaction, revenue cycle metrics, and physician productivity measures. Collaborates with the department/health system's clinical leadership to ensure patient safety and regulatory compliance.
- Directs activities and leads initiatives to develop and implement strategies to improve operational processes and productivity. Monitors development of specifications and establishes priorities. Leverage resources in Ambulatory Services and across the organization to facilitate projects on behalf of clinics. Presents data and program information. Develops employee engagement strategies to promote employee satisfaction, retention, and talent acquisition. Promotes a culture of customer service aimed at creating an optimal patient experience and a collaborative work environment. Develops reward and recognition tools to promote exemplary performance in keeping with institutional core values. Designs professional development models for staff to provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Collects, interprets, and documents specifications required to develop new and revise existing programs. Participates in development of project proposals for customers and coordinates vetting/approval with stakeholders. Develops and/or oversees development of budget for program. Ensures consistent operational deployment of programmatic objectives.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences. Serves on committees as representative of assigned program as appropriate.
- Initiates and leads efforts to design complete, concise and comprehensive policies and operation procedures. Leverages tools to develop training for management and staff ensuring effective clinic operations. Recommends new policies and procedures for improvement of program activities.
- Interprets, explains, and discusses analytics and outcomes with project teams. Makes recommendations and support strategies for improving clinical processes and patient outcomes including management of patient responsiveness, call triage, documentation of care, wait times, and care management.
- Oversees the optimization of space utilization and ongoing facility development/maintenance. Directs the asset acquisition review process and facilitates requests to accommodate incremental space needs in partnership with the Medical Director and Department Chairmen. Maintains and executes business continuity plans as needed.
- Ensures marketing and community integration plans are structured to achieve clinic goals. Works closely with the Outreach department to build relationships with community providers and increase awareness of services provided. Closely monitors referral patterns and works with providers to build practice volumes to desired sizes.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.