Job Number: 375072
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 529001 - Shuttles
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- High school graduation or GED and two (2) years full-time paid experience in operation of various types of motor vehicles, such as vans, mini-buses, station wagons, etc.
- Must have valid State of Texas Driver's License.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required for operating vehicles weighing 26,001 pounds or more.
- If incumbent carries 14 or more passengers including driver, CDL with passenger endorsement is required.
- Operates van or mini-bus for transportation of employees and visitors on scheduled route connecting on-campus and off-campus locations. Picks-up and delivers mail, packages, drugs, and supplies to off-campus locations on assigned route.
- In outpatient clinic, transports patients to specialty care units and agencies within cooperative system.
- Maintains vehicle operating records and reports needed maintenance and repairs. Performs minor and routine maintenance such as refueling, ensuring proper tire pressure, and checking oil, water, and batteries periodically.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.