Elevator Maintenance Mechanic
Job Number: 362743
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 525000 - Facilities Plan & Constr Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- Graduation from high school or vocational school and
- Three (3) years experience in maintenance, inspection, and repair of elevators.
- CET Certificate and/or IUEC Mechanic Card preferred.
- Perform preventative maintenance on rack and pinion industrial elevators.
- Trouble-shoot and diagnose problems in electric brakes, motors, switches, variable frequency drives.
- Cleans, lubricates and adjusts relays, controls, door operators and elevator pits as needed.
- Repair and/or replace faulty components to return elevator to fully operational status.
- Assist Sr. Elevator Mechanics in ensuring machinery conforms to building safety codes and equipment safety regulations.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.