Environmental Services Lead
Job Number: 362202
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 848500 - Environmental Svcs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Cleans and maintains patient care, staff and visitor area.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials.
- Wet-mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
- Attends educational programs and in-service meetings as required.
- Completes and maintains all job performance requirements and standards as established.
- Maintains required records, reports and statistics as directed
- Supervises employees directly, including training and work allocation monitor quality of work by performing inspection to identify opportunity for improvements.
- Coordinates repair of equipment follow up on work orders and condition of equipment. Provides feedback on future recommendations for equipment utilization.
- Prepares and oversees schedules to ensure coverage of patient care areas, monitors OT usage and adjust staffing levels according to needs, OT must be below 2%.
- Assumes management responsibility in absence of Supervisor: 1. Start of the shift set up phones and job duties for each schedule. 2. Communicate with previous shift any incomplete assignments follow up to make sure consistency of services are provide. 3. Rounding with Nursing Larders up on the floors. 4. Rounding with patients as needed. 5. Provide shift report and documentation supporting compliance. 6. Responsible for supplies distribution and overall condition of hospital, by managing firs impression areas.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.