Facilities Manager -Hospital
Job Number: 378642
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 523000 - Hospital Facilities Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in related field and
- Eight (8) years of related experience including three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Supervises employees and work flow planning. Provides and supports efforts to develop teamwork between all employees and staff at all times. Seeks opportunities to teach, mentor, and promote professional growth of personnel assigned. Collaborates with Physical Plant Trainer and Physical Plant Managers to provide training to staff. Conducts staff and committee meetings and special projects such as patient satisfaction, team development and recruitment activities.
- Conducts daily and/or shift by shift review of department assignments, scheduling and staffing plans to ensure adequate coverage and adherence to policies, procedures, and productivity targets. Revises assignments, schedules, and plans as necessary. Utilizes staffing patterns and guidelines to foster most cost effective option for providing adequate coverage.
- Interviews and provides input regarding hiring of all personnel. May terminate personnel for cause following discussion with and approval from Director and/or Director of Human Resources.
- Provides immediate counseling and constructive criticism and disciplinary interventions of personnel in private setting and in manner that is positive and respectful. Participates in routine interdisciplinary rounding.
- Completes all annual performance evaluations and orientation evaluations of personnel assigned to unit.
- Follows-up with accurate and timely reports to Director. Coordinates various projects and programs for section ensuring all tasks are completed by established deadlines and to ensure that quality customer service is provided for faculty and staff.
- Utilizes Physical Plant resources which optimize those resources for benefit of organization and its patient population. Identifies efficiency or cost saving ideas and reports them to Director.
- Reviews budgets and makes recommendations for budget needs.
- Facilitates compliance by personnel assigned to unit to all policies and procedures, code of ethics, JCAHO standards, OSHA standards, and specialty organization standards.
- Develops, revises, recommends, and interprets policies and procedures for section to ensure all applicable laws and governmental guidelines are followed and that employees are treated in equitable manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.